These adults cookies are melt in the mouth gorgeous, and if recipe is followed in full and 20 cookies are made from the batch they only contain 3.5 syns each on slimming world!
What you will need:
125g light margarine
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 large free range egg, beaten
1/4 tsp bicarbonate of soda
100g dark choc chips
How to make:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C. Spray 2 baking sheets with fry light butter.
- Cream the butter and sugar in an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add the vanilla extract and mix in with a spoon
- Add the egg to the mixture a little at a time, keep staring each bit of egg in throughly, don’t worry if it looks lumpy it will soon smooth out again. Mix in the dry ingredients very carefully by hand (I used sally spoon), bringing together the mixture just enough to form a soft, sticky dough.
4) Crush the pistachios with a pestle and mortar and stir into the mixture, they don’t have to be perfect, just roughly crushed will do.
5) Place spoonfuls of the mixture onto the baking sheets, Make sure you get 20 as bigger cookies will be more syns! Spread out as they make expand during cooking.
6) Bake in the centre of the oven for approx 12 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and leave to cool on a cooing rack. They may feel floppy, this is ok as they will firm up as they cool.
Enjoy these with some milk from your healthy extra A choice. They really are tasty, if you try them please let me know in the comments or you can post pictures on Instagram with the hashtag #slimmingmumstudentbum